Banking and Financial Services
Members of XXIV Old Buildings have extensive experience of financial services disputes and the Financial Services and Markets act (FSMA).
Members have experience of advising investors, investment advisors, liquidators, banks, offshore spread betting companies and internet gambling companies in relation to:
- collective investment schemes, such as land banking schemes, film schemes and tax schemes
- prospective creditor claims
- negligent mis-selling of structured products and other investments
- enforceability of debts arising under contracts entered into in breach of the general prohibition under the FSMA
- trading debts founded on spread bets and other contracts for differences based on stock, commodity, foreign exchange and other markets
- drafting standard terms of engagement for spread betting and foreign exchange businesses
- financial promotions
- judgments obtained in US states with anti-gambling statutes
- disputes relating to various investment transactions
XXIV Old Buildings also has extensive experience of hedge fund and structured investment vehicle work.